Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Answer to Nosiness and Mean Girls, Building Roads


My Sweet Husband and Youngest Son......Building Roads
Okay, here it is the big news to a nosey question, by a person who didn't really care, just seeking to hurt and cause a stumble.....it almost worked."What exactly is your family doing these days?" I can't mimic the tone or the body posture...of wanting pain or struggle in my answer, to justify the gossip or meanness...
For just a minute I went back to that struggling, sad, can't satisfy the checklist Christian. The season where life was ugly and the people were even uglier and then at that moment I remembered....I am loved with an everlasting love, I don't need the approval of men(or women), how others feel or what they believe about the redemption of our home and family doesn't matter. The lies, the gossip, the pain....washed away by the blood of the Lamb. For just a moment I wanted their approval of my home, my income, my children...I wanted them to know how life had changed, lest I forget, God is my redeemer and I will let HIM stand in the gap....Lord help me remember this.
Everyone ready for the answer
Spending time building roads to the future for our family, educating our children, loving the Lord and serving in a local church.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a more worthwhile way to invest your life? No, I don't think so. Press on.

gbmom2407 said...

From a fellow MOMYS to feels the same way... RIGHT ON, YOU ROCK!
Happy day

Always Been Different said...

good reminder :-)

Miss ya girl