Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ick, ick, ick

Mom this is my happy face......

"What, what could you possibly want from me now, can't you see I am busy?"







We are ick, ick, ick, according to DJ who couldn't get the SSSS sound out yesterday with his horsed little voice. It is official, flu epidemic is in our home. Zachary and Maggie were confirmed yesterday. Zachary is a mean sick person, I love that kid, but could someone who has had a teenage son or been a teenage son reassure me that my son will be nice again and that he will realize we don't all stink as bad as he thinks. He pronounced that nothing runs smoothly around here and that nobody has anything under control (keep in mind this is because I didn't do something on his schedule). I try not to take these things personal, but come on, I like to be in control and have things run smoothly, that is what most of my life since I have had all this kids has been dedicated to, a smooth road. How would he do it diffrently he doesn't know afterall"your the mom, it isn't my job to have the answers" proclaims he. Please let me remind you and tell those of you who don't know that this is the same child who after I have successfully (almost one on the edge to go) gotten through six, yes six, count them on your hands ladies and gentlemen, six kids without peas in their nose, pencils in their ears, that I had to explain a be be in my 14 year old's ear. You heard it right a be be, no he wasn't trying to shoot himself or actually hurt himself, apparently he just wanted to know if he could get it out. *SHOUTING* He is 14***** what the heck was the self proclaimed know it all thinking. I told him if Dr. K (our fabulous....yes you heard right awesome Pediatrician who my last born is named after) that if he couldn't get it out that it would have to just travel throught the ear canal and out his sinuses and snot it out I was not, I reapeat not sitting at the ENT with 14 year old bb victim. Dr. K was able to get it out. Apparently things like this are more than we know, until we know, with adolecent children....they do these things without thinking, but actually they are thinking, just not clearly. I remember being 14. Fourteen years old stinks for most everyone I am sure. Maybe some of you had unwittingly bright parents who sanity or reasoning you never questioned or thought you could do most better than them, but not me. It is hard knowing everything and not having any legal rights to put all that wisdom into practice and that my friends and family is exactly where Zachary is at......alas, he will have children and he will go to therapy and I will admit all that I did wrong, so that there is no delay in healing and then he will call when his kids know it all and say "this is ick, ick, ick, mom....what now" That is how I envision rising up and calling me rightous. Thanks for reading the rant if you have gotten this far. I really do love him....he is a good Godly, mostly obediant kid......who knows it all.

No comments: