Friday, February 1, 2008

I Took Off My Socks

Ok, just a quick note, the kids were great went to bed right on time, soon after returning home from Wed. night church. I was thinking how we should reward them, hugely, for this.....1 am....NO LIGHTS< NO HEAT< NO SANITY.....we were at the mercy of MLGW until just before 2pm yesterday. Durning that time (after each of the children awoke cold, between the hours of 5 am and 8am) we went to a friends home, did school work, ate homemade pancake and chicken nuggets and ramen for lunch. Full of starch and new school work in hand ( I love going through friends school books), we headed to the homefront (leaving one kid behind and exchanging for another one). It was cold, but things were heating up. I love electrical tricks we get over here on my cove.....if electricity is out, we are involved, almost guaranteed. I wonder how my children will remember this week. We have had other weeks with modern conveniences, during the hot, hot summer months and summer storms of memphis. This was our first really cold, long days and nights. Will the remember the funny parts or will the remember me melting down last night after choir practice in the lobby of First Evan, when I ran out of nice? Too much, too big, too loud, that is what everything seemed around me and the kids, the basketball court on the other side of the lobby, the teenagers rushing downstairs so full of their dang youthful joy and I just wanted to yelll "just stop it, be happy, but go away"......it was time for me to go home, go to bed and get warm really, really, warm. I did get warm, in fact about 10 I told my sweet Donnie I thought I could take my extra pair of socks off. Thank you Lord for modern conveniences, that we don't live on the prarie like Laura and that my children are more ammused by insanity at moments in their lives than hurt by it. I hope.

No comments: