Monday, February 11, 2008

Mars Is Bad For Us


"NO MORE MARS'

Maci Pike


We have the flu, because Mars is bad for us.....actually it is mercury that is bad for us, but hey all planets created equally in our home. We don't do some immunizations because of mercury (the element, not the planet). So when I was talking about hand washing, herb taking, vitamin c accumulating measures to keep the other children (mags and dj and daddy are already ill), Maci said "we can't do the shot because of the Mars."


*******DISCLAIMER PLEASE keep in mind, I am not taking a stand on any medicine or its affects....I am ONLY sharing something funny my child said. I will NOT debate the merits or risk of modern medicine.********


All this made me think of so many funny things my children have said and that for the life of me I can't remember most of them as I want to share them, which brings me to my point. Do what my Grandma says and keep a journal, write things down. We are writers in our family, even the ones who deny it. So there is no excuse for this lack of record keeping. I am not speaking of a *quiet voice inserted* Baby Book. I am talking about a note to self in a journal, notebook or calender. I am a systems person. My inner self wants to complicate this and have a system for keeping up with these things. At this very moment I am stressing over all the pictures and for some of my children the lack of pictures in our home, it is what it is because I was waiting on a system. I will buck the system, move against the established memory authority (whoever that is....Kodak, scrapbookers, baby book keepers, you know who you are) and I will jot notes to myself and put pictures in albums with a note and be happy they aren't lost in a drawer or the deep recesses of my brain

No comments: