Friday, March 7, 2008

Go To Time Out

We live in Memphis, therefore we don't see much snow. Late yesterday they predicted snow 1-4 inches depending on who you asked. Oh good, cold is good, my heart feels clean and still when it is cold and snow and ice means no one can ask me to go anywhere to do anything. I have longed for quiet, needed quiet, begged for quiet, tried to mandate quiet...I say BE QUIET. this is what the snow does for me...thank you snow, thank you God who sent me snow. I went gathered art supplies and new paper and when the kids finish playing in the Memphis slush, and I am washing laundry, relishing not having to be anywhere, washing and drying the children's clothes, and enjoying my second cup of coffee with amaretto, we will draw. The kids will compare their art to Winslow Homer (even while it is snowing and we are looking forward to our Chicago get away, we will think about his seascapes) http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=winslow+homer&um=1&ie=UTF-8 and the quiet that comes with that.
Quiet, a new theme, nothing exciting, in fact begging for anything but exciting. A theme of quiet. I believe that is the space I need to occupy the time out, quiet space. Drawing, praying, dreaming, sleeping, eating, being, Not going. Thank you Arctic blast for putting me in time out to calm down before I over reacted to this fast pace life....with your snow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is snowing still @ 11:00pm, I luv the way it floats peacfully to the ground. We are from Central Ky and have not seen a "good" snow in 5 yrs.(since we moved to the Memphis area). Isn't it amazing how the day slows, no rushing here or there. We start a big pot of soup (or chili). I don't even mind the soggy/wet cloths after they play outside. Yep, you are so right.... Snow days are true blessings.
:-)

himhimthem said...

Thanks Robin....we are still enjoying the time out at home as well....the kids are playing and rushing around with the animals...so nice