Sunday, March 9, 2008

Walking in Circles


I am pondering, everything happens for a reason.

We hear that....often, especially when something bad happens, it is hard to believe

at the moment....my moments today bare that out, however. I won't go into details, but my life in many ways has come full circle. I am sure I will go in many more circles (doesn't that sound nice), but today I am pleased to announce PEACE. Laying in bed this morning with anywhere form 1-4 of our 6 children at various points, next to my sweet donnie, watching random television shows, and eating chocolate covered raisins I concluded that this must mean to have 'arrived'. We are not wealthy in the American sense, but around the world we would be considered downright rolling in the dough. We live in a modest home, have 2 cars and 3 televisions. We own a Wii, 2 Ipods, a laptop and a set of golf clubs. We eat soup (see previous recipe) and cabbage and potatoes when money gets tight or if we want to travel and choose that instead. We have 6 great kids and no they aren't all healthy and brilliant, but they are all loved and mostly happy. This is the actual American dream....living week to week, trying to put a little money back, yelling about dishes ( a reminder that we aren't hungry), teaching kids to read and laughing while we cry. Today laying in that bed I realized that so many of the things I was uncomfortable with even un happy with in another season of my life, today I am thrilled to pieces over. Embracing, hoping for seconds. The circumstances aren't as important as the lessons, pain, does cause contentment if and when I have allowed my self to embrace it, breathe it and take accountability for it and........move on. No fireworks, no announcements, just moving on. A new season a different struggle, walking in circles. I wonder how is the circumference of this circle going to change me and where will the travels take me this season, how long does it last and will I remember where I started?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just to cool.... I had to drop by first thing and see if you had wrote. You are a blessing.