Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What I Want

I always want to surround myself with all sorts of people, different colored people, people of different sexual orientation, people with different incomes, people with different jobs, people of different education, I want to love, respect and give life affirming value to all of them. I want to surround myself with artist, writers, boring people, ignorant people and brilliant people. I want to surround myself with democrats, republicans and independents. I want to continue to take the way with more scenery even if it is the longer way with more of a chance of getting lost. I want to always appreciate a meal with organic milk and taco bell, chips a hoy cookies for breakfast and brown eggs for supper. I don't ever want to forget what it is like to take money out of savings to pay bills even when work is steady. I want to remember all the ways I have worshipped. I never want to be so far away from my pain that I can't recognize pain in someone else. I want world peace, but don't expect it. I want to be creative, compassionate, passionate, and firm, but bendable if needed. I want to know that I am valued and value others. I want others to want these things. I want somehow to be all these things at once and still deal with those who can't be or won't be.

This is what I want today.

Tell someone what you want.

No comments: