Monday, March 31, 2008

More on Seasons

Our eyes are itchy, our clothes are tight, and momma is moody, all signs that seasons are changing. I am sad today, this seems to be the case a lot lately. My baby is 4. Now before anyone reminds me , yes I know that I have 6 kids, but my baby is 4 and the rest of them are growing up too quickly as well. I never remember being this teary eyed when going through clothes, but every outfit I am sifting through for all the children, even the oldest two are clearly teen and pre-teen which is to old to be silly about sentimental outfits, I get sad. I remember something cute they have said or a twirl they have done, the day we had the fuss with Zachary about one thing or another and all of those things are tied in with me through clothes (and music, but that is another blog all together). I love to see the babies, all six of them growing and changing, we are in a really different place with the younger set we have now,than we were with the first 4 at the same ages. It feels good, it feels sad, unfamiliar, constantly changing. I am not good with change, even good change, I suck at things changing and all the kids are changing, did I say I am no good at change, stop the CHANGE. Ok, now that I have that our of system I will go, fold clothes that are moving on to new homes, sweet little elmo sleepers that DJ learned (not with out a fight) how to put on himself last spring, and the last pair of jeans from the boys department that Zachy out grew before moving into the men's sizes, I will fold the dress that Sarah won't wear, even though it fits, because it makes her look like a baby 'moooommmm', I will sort through Marti and Maci's drawers only to find that the girls who never grew, who were so painstakingly tiny are growing into double digits in age and shorts size this spring, I will cry when see that Maggie will be the last girl to wear so many of the spring dresses that I have watched twirling and spinning and mending for the last 12 springs of having daughters, I will be sad, and that is okay. There is a new season of memories just around the corner.
This is my story, stories are important.
Share yours today.

No comments: