Saturday, March 15, 2008

So Whats the Story

I am uggggggg, that is the consensus. I have rather consistent pain level due to some auto immune stuff and I deal with it, it has made me a better person and today I realized that. My children don't really care if I don't feel good, you have to understand they can't see that I don't feel good that is the way auto immune icks are. This week, however, my eye has been flaming red and hot, I have iritis. They can see it and they are more prone to kindness and helping to do the things I have to ask repeatedly for usually. I wonder how often do we do this to the folks around us. We don't see people hurting, physically, spiritually, or emotionally. The bank teller who doesn't smile or is snippy, the phone salesman we are mean to, the child who is unusually unruly, what is going on? Are they hurting and can't put there finger on it, are they sad and maybe don't even know why? Are they emotionally hurting dealing with some trauma? Who knows, but I know this, we don't know every one's story. That is important. Everyone, everyone, everyone has a story. Everyone has a different story and our stories change. Even when we are playing nice or things are going well we are affected. If someone seems great, tell them, they need to know. If some one is crappy, or crabby, remember they have a story, it may not seem that bad to you or it may be absolutely astonishingly awful, we may never know the full depth, but we all have hidden pains. I am challenged today to be kind even when I don't think someone deserves it, just because I can't see that they may need it. Stories are important honor one of yours today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

:-) Sending soft hugs your way.

Always Been Different said...

So have I told you lately you are one smart cookie??? Well you are, and thanks for putting into words what I have been on my mind and in my heart the past few days... and you KNOW I have some stories!!!

Love ya

Always Been Different said...

and did I tell you that I dont talk/type so good either LOL!
I think I need to proof read before I hit the "publish" button LOL!

See I told you I have some stories!!!
hahahahaha...SNORT...hahahahaha!!!