Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Play Dough

This week at MUM, we took some play dough (thanks S. Howell) among other things and so many children there haven't had much experience with play dough, another opportunity presented itself for these sweet kids. I must confess I don't do much play dough, sometimes we receive it as a gift, I get all OCD about the colors being mixed and the mess. I have even been gifted with the homemade stuff on a number of occasions by people I love, and that makes me sentimental to top and I just don't do good letting the kids enjoy it there way.

I hate a changed plan, last night I had the idea that I would see my sweet husband by 9pm until around 11 today....crazy I know, but just a little thought of mine. The darn need for sleep set in for him and he didn't arrive to our bedroom until almost 3 am. He is resting now and the children are eagerly anticipating the time with him for even an hour before he leaves again. My plans were changed. I think that God has me in a spot. He is teaching me, molding me (always), but I am like dried out play doh.....crumbly, I smell a little salty, and I keep getting stepped on in the carpet. I would rather be like pliable home made dough (like my aunt Barbara makes)....then I could be shaped and moved, I would be the perfect color (that I chose of course), and when I was done re-shaping I could go back to my old blob in a zip lock baggie and popped into the bottom drawer of the fridge. Lord, help me be pliable, to accept what you give me in every season. Help me to be a pleasant experience even when I don't feel like it, help me to shape to the time and space you have provided. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

J-Mom said...

I'm with you on trying to be more pliable.

J-Mom said...

I mean for myself to be more pliable. I think you're great!!!