Monday, January 21, 2008

I Cried At HighSchool Musical















Maggie was the sweetest, most surprised kid in the building.....and the musical was fun, too. We were blessed to receive two great tickets to see High School Musical Live here at the Orpheum Theatre downtown. When I first recieved them I wondered how I would choose and almost said no to the tickets, so I wouldn't have to choose. Alas, Maggie Moo Who really needed a day, some bragging rights, a moment all her on, so she was the big choice, but she didn't even know it.
I didn't tell Buggie where we were going, only that 'yes we will have a chance to eat, as well'.
First we went to Blues City Cafe (one of this mommas favorite places ever to eat catfish), she finished up a bowl of ice cream and we left to go see the show. Bugs still had no idea. We walked in and wam, she saw everything, the lights and such and it barely registered. I finally whispered "yes honey, High School Musical Live" and her face said it all....wow.
After some pictures and giggles and a 20 dollar program, we were off to find our seats. When the lights went down and the stage lit up, then, I cried at High School Musical. I took one look at her happy little face, I realized that I made the right choice about how to use the 2 gifted tickets and I cried tears of, wow. There was that little girl in amazement, I could barely see her face in the lights, but she was wowed. I was so happy to see her happy.....let me say that differently, I was in a moment of time, that I knew she would remember, not so much what the musical was, but that Momma chose her that day. We do this with each of our children at different times with all kinds of events and activities, but this moment with her was a big one. Her first really big girl thing, a day with momma, for a WOW.
Steal away moments, make them important, it doesn't have to be a stage show ( I am going bowling tonight with my Sweet Sarah Kay), and watch them. Connect, really with them, and you may find.....you cry when you look at the world and that moment with us as parents through their eyes. So yes, I cried at High School Musical Live at the Orpheum in Memphis.

No comments: