Friday, January 18, 2008

Out of Nice (9-29-07)




I know and admit I am a mommy with a short fuse and today I announced that “I am out of nice”. I explained to them (the children), that I only had so many nice words, when little and medium size people are repeatedly tattling, whining, arguing, complaining, asking for something and that by 10 am times 6 kids doing this for 2 hours my nice quotient is EMPTY. I did, also let them know, that this is not a positive character quality, that God is none too pleased with my attitude and that over all this makes me a stinky mommy and I am trying and praying to remedy that, but for this day it is what it is and “I AM OUT OF NICE”. Nothing profound,nothing wise to say, just out of nice. Maybe I should follow my on rule, the rule of the universe, if you don’t have something nice to say don’t say anything at all. The biq question, what will happen and do I have the courage and the discipline to do that in my home with the children God has blessed me with…..hummmm. Please keep this in mind in the coming days, remember somewhere in Memphis….Suzanne is desperately trying to move against the grain and be nice, even if all of her nice words have run out. Have any ideas on getting nice refills?
This entry was posted on Saturday, September 29th

No comments: