Friday, January 18, 2008

oh mommmmaaaaa.....noooo



Just when my sweet Princess Maggie thought that her sweet little life with this family couldn't get anymore unbearable, my sweet friend (thanks Mrs. Elizabeth) loaned me her wonderful tu tu. It was mom and daughter day at Ms. Carrie's ballet class, it had been a long week (it was only tuesday), I was on my second Starbucks, makeup had not met my face in 2 days and this wonderful opportunity to show my Maggie how much I love her presented itself.
I believe that it is not the single moments in life that our children remember, it is entire seasons and many moments of fun (or not so fun) grouped together that give our children their lasting memories. The ones that will get them through an achievement test, their ACTs, their first day on a new college campus and the long nights with their very first new baby a few years down the road. I want my children to smile when they reach to the past and find something......for that reason, I wore a multi-colored tu tu, in my old church T-Shirt, with NO makeup, all my lumps and bumps showing and smiled, because as horrified as Maggie seemed, she hugged me and said "oh momma" with a smile in her eyes when the morning was over. I love you Buggie Boo.

No comments: