Friday, January 18, 2008

Momma.....you can't do that (originally posted October of 2007)

OH YES I CAN….that is my response. Maybe it is just me, maybe it is having six kids and saving hand me downs,or maybe my kids are messier than the average bear, but I can’t have one more Sunday morning prep session (these happen on late Saturday afternoons in our home) where I fuss, they cry, I stomp, they whine……”but I have to where that, I have nooooothinnnnng else that looks right!”. Please keep in mind the ‘that’ they want to wear is a very loved (is this how we really love something) shirt, pants, dress or what have you. My kids, blinded by their intense love can not allow themselves to see that piece of clothing is one of the following thingsA.StainedB.Too BigC.Too SmallD. Wrong SeasonorE. Any combination of 2 or more of the above
For those reasons I have decided to put our Saturday afternoons, our closets, drawers and my sanity out of their misery.I am throwing away uglies. I will not try one more time to get any stains out, I will not commit to sewing something (we all know I don’t sew), I will not ask for a dime at the next yard sale I dread, I will throw it away and I will be free, free, free at last.Before you judge (not that you would of course) my lack of gratitude for all that God has provided, or assume that I am only a picky, brand conscious clothes snob, or that I am not being a good steward, remember that my primary goal is to not be a walking billboard for a very popular show remake that should be named“What Not To Let Your Children Wear”or“How To Get Your Husband To Not Go Out With The Kids’So I am letting go of the ‘what if we need this?’ and the “I am sure someone needs this” idea and I am releasing the burden to the trash, yes the trash…..and it feels good.

No comments: