Thursday, April 10, 2008

Going Sane

That is the official thought about me and the changes and reactions that I am having to life, I am going sane. I am learning to live in calm, or relative calm, but I am nCheck Spellingot creating or seeking unhealthy chaos and I am now duly alarmed when it comes my way. I recognize unhealthy things for what they are, I actually smell the smoke before there is a blow up, because it isn't all normal to be nuts in my life anymore. I LOVE THIS.
My mom and I survived trauma in our home we lived together but were for all purposes surviving in the enemy camp for many years. I didn't recognize what most people consider alarming for years, because normal alarming was normal for me, it took reallllyy news making crazy for me to understand that we had stepped into nuts, and even then, I might have thought others lived the same way. I can't speak for my mom, but I am sure she used and equal amount of energy surviving and we didn't realize until it wasn't required anymore and then and only then did we go "wow, that was crazy" but for me it has taken almost 20 years on the other side to do that. I am going sane.
Maybe if you think you are going crazy, you will be able to realize that it is really life, cleverly disguised as HEALTHY.
Today I am grateful for
Planning a trip for fun with my family, my entire family including my momma to Florida next week...there is hope and healing
I am grateful for the ability to write and have someone, anyone listen, thanks
I am grateful for the trauma, today, maybe not tommorrow, but today, because I breathe deeper and laugh harder, and cry louder, it is nice
I am grateful for the inability to forgive on my on, it keeps me dependent on a God who can help me
I am grateful for normal crazy like school schedules, lunch dates, and rental car value saving plans, it is safe and I am happy
I am grateful my mom is safe and finding peace with her place in the family we have made for ourselves
I am grateful for a husband who comes home
I am grateful that my children are safe at night
I am grateful to be a two parent, one income, family
I am grateful for Highland Street Church of Christ and the open family I have there
I am grateful that I can feel however I want even angry or afraid or sad and I will be safe in the arms of my sweet Donnie.
This is what I am grateful for today.
What are you grateful for?
Write it down and share with someone.

No comments: