Tuesday, April 8, 2008

On Purpose Peace

Biology, Medieval History, American History, Algebra 2, Pre-Algebra, Physical Science, Long Division, Hooked on Phonics....Lions and Tigers and Bears oh my, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Mondays if you please, Classical Ballet and off to HiS Choir to sing.... these are things I am doing this week and preparing for...for NEXT year. Overwhelmed? Yes.

I simply never imagined my life like this, I didn't dare to imagine life very much before the kids and for the first 7 years of parenting I imagined sleep. I am my mother's only child, and I wasn't that interested anything growing up. I have 6 children who long to learn and be, actively be. Sometimes, I let my mind wander to a place where I can be somebody different, doing things that others see and say thanks and good job for what I have done, where someone reads inspirational things I have written or a short story I have stashed away. I imagine writing about my experiences in a way that will make a difference then I realize.....my experiences are making a difference. I try to remind myself (before yelling about the stinky van or the messy house or the cramps that I am having, yes I am human)the children and who they become will have been my greatest most valuable contribution to change in this world. If I pour myself into children and encourage them to be peaceful, hopeful, humans, it will not matter if I accomplish anything else. I will of course accomplish other things, but this will matter most for this season, that was my choice, is my choice, when I conceived them and every day there after, now that is radical pro-living, I don't imagine doctors, lawyers and such (though I wouldn't object), I imagine mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, adults who love their community actively, who know it is important to vote (even in the rain). I hope for children who will love what they do, no matter what it is, who will want to come home and eat meals together, who will have children that have hope. So, all the things I am doing, will not make or break us, really I just need to be aware, aware of their spirit, to encourage them to know all they do is important, even when it is wrong, every action makes a difference, it causes a ripple in the space they fill that will move the people around them in one way or another.

I am not prone to sending out peace, not without actively reminding myself, I am practiced at being a over-demanding, often cranky, loud momma.

Today(or in the morning since it is bedtime) I will be peaceful on purpose. Here's a thought, peaceful bedtime, may mean peaceful sleep, which in turn could lend itself to a peaceful day. I will let you know how it turns out.

These are my thoughts today.

What are yours?

Go share them with someone you love.

No comments: